How would you answer these prompts for your mom? Here are a few of my answers in the journal I gave my lovely mom:
I. You might have thought I wasn’t listening, but I have. Here are a some life lessons I’ve learned from you…
Top 5 List
1. Be frugal, whether you need to be or not.
2. Eat healthily (no processed foods, except chocolate)
3. Connect with nature as often as possible (at least once a day)
4. Smile until you mean it.
5. Look to dogs as good role models (especially border collies).
II. I was or am happy that you are my mother when…
I see friends losing their mothers. I’m grateful that you have taken such great care of yourself so that you are so vibrant and able to be a part of our lives at 85. You are a role model for aging well!
III. If I could make three amazing things happen for you by waving a magic wand, I’d…
1. bring Dad back to keep you company (and do the taxes for you)
2. erase all your occasional aches and pains so you can scamper along on hikes, free of pain
3. let us both travel the 3,000 miles between our homes with the snap of our fingers
[These prompts are from the gift journal – What I Love About You, Mom – a sweet way to share memories and appreciation with your mom.]